Welcome to the world of What if?
We’re so glad you chose to find out more about Kew The Transition, a new grassroots community group that is working to bring beautiful resilience to Kew and the Borough of Richmond, based on Transition principles.
In a nutshell, Transition is a movement of communities coming together to reimagine and rebuild our world. There are now groups in nearly 50 countries, in thousands of communities. With the aim of creating a low-carbon, socially just future we are crowdsourcing local solutions to big global problems, such as climate change, food insecurity, and the need to end our use of fossil fuels.
Transition groups do things like:
- create community gardens and markets to re-localise the food chain
- establish shared libraries of things so that people can share seldom-used or expensive tools or equipment
- offer opportunities to learn how to repair and reuse our things so that we reduce waste, and consumption
- promote planting that supports biodiversity, and build vibrant community spaces for sharing our ideas
- bring their communities together to form a shared vision of what a greener, greater, more planet-friendly world could look like.
Our group formed in November 2020 and have already begun to make our presence felt. Please explore our pages to find out how and we hope you will join us on the journey by becoming a volunteer or bringing your own projects forward for us to collaborate on.
We’d love for you to sign up for our newsletter by pressing the button below. And you’ll also find links to our social channels – which offer the best way to keep up with our vibrant Transition community.
Or contact us by email at email@example.com